How to report problems

Problem reports, Questions and Feedback report in here
nmeier
Site Admin

How to report problems

Postby nmeier » Wed Dec 02, 2009 21:07:39

Hi

If you're having problems with GenJ then it helps if you describe the exact symptoms when you post about them here in the forum.

Please provide screenshots if you can (e.g. upload and link to flickr), try to reproduce the problem and be ready to provide the GenJ log-file.

The log-file can be found here

Windows:

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\genj\genj.log

Unix:

Code: Select all

~/.genj/genj.log

Either copy and past in this forum or send a copy to Image.

Thanks
Nils

mtienan

Re: How to report problems

Postby mtienan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:16:06

I've always believed that feedback is our minimum payment for free software so, even if there's not a lot of development going on I thought I'd post a couple of things as a new GenealogyJ user. (I decided to see what it has to offer.)

1. Running on a Mac I've found that the "percentage" indicator in the lower right of the window is a slowly increasing value with no indication of what it is or what it means or what file it's measuring.
  2. I suspect it is a well known issue that the geography feature is broken but there's no indication (such as a forum post that I've found) that says "yeah, we know, here's how to get around it" or "sorry, just broken no fix available yet."
  3. Not a complaint but a comment... It seems odd that all the language .jar files are opened even if the language is set.
  4. Is there an option to cause the ID numbers to be zero filled? (i.e. I00123) (Or is that against the GEDCOM rules?)

Thanks for all your hard work!

Return to “Support - Feedback and Help in English”